The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Tuesday

Wally Mart

One of my greatest times of the month is going to the store in which you can find just about everything that one might need for your home, your garage or your yard. I talking about Wal-Mart and we have one about twenty minutes away. Our’s is in Van Wert next to Pet Co. and a really bitchen Chinese place so after spending a shitload of money that we didn’t have in the first place we can always go visit the puppies and then sit down for some really good food.

The reason for going to Wally Mart is simple; low low prices and quantity shopping. I mean it’s not like we’re going to a bargain basement or anything but you always manage to find a pretty good deal on just about anything that you’re looking for at a pretty good price and the people that work there are pretty cool too.

Don’t even get me started on Lowe’s because the people that work there are idiots. They couldn’t find a one inch nail if you drew them a picture and gave them the scu number. Now the ladies that work the registers are ok so I wont rag on them but the rest of the staff are about as smart as dirt clods. I digress

My wife and I go to Wal-Mart probably twice a month, sometimes less, to pick up supplies for the house and when I say supplies I mean SUPPLIES! Everything from water to toilet paper and paper towels, we buy allot of stuff when we go to Wally Mart. We also have our secret recipe things that we pick up while we’re there and while I can’t tell you what they or it is, I can tell you that I can now make….. oh shit my wife is hitting me in the arm right now telling me that she’ll cut off my right one if I give out the secret.
(Taco-Bell Tacos “For Real”)

The corporation is ran by Lee Scott, CEO and probably other titles that I’m unaware of but this guy really knows how to run the show and since coming aboard has transformed Wal-Mart into a prosperous company that gives millions to the needy and billions to his employees in the way of compensation. He doesn’t have to but he just does. That’s what has made this company so successful in today’s market and the boneheads that don’t understand it are just plain stupid.

It’s quite simple; take an impoverished area and build a Wally mart. Employ about 1500 people at around $12.50 an hour (not including benefits) now while the take home pay is a little higher than let say McDonalds the person that works there can go our and buy their own health insurance IF they want to OR they can use the insurance of their spouse which some people have. For the young people, like 18yrlds, most of them live at home and need to learn what health insurance is anyway.

Then there are other employees that are full timer’s and they do have benefits. Although their bring home pay is much lower than the part-timer’s it’s because they are hired in at a lower rate of pay. There’s no way to pay someone 12.50 an hour AND give them benefits and make a profit in today’s market; there’s just no way. Watch Lee’s interview today on Neil Cavuto on Fox News to get the real inside scoop on this.

I am just telling you the way it is in the real world and it’s the plain truth. Kids today have to learn how to grow up. They need to learn how to choose which insurance company is best for them, not what company the company they work for should choose for them. Insurance is a gratuity not a right.

My wife works for a huge bank here in Ohio and without insurance we would be screwed. However, her employer offers the employees insurance “IN LIEU OF” pay. That means they have to forfeit part of their paychecks to receive this benefit, it’s not free. People always think that insurance is something that companies give you for free but they don’t; it costs you part of your paycheck.

I owned my company Corwin Electric for fourteen years and I didn’t offer insurance to anyone. What I did offer however was $12 to $25 an hour to the people that worked for me because not only wee they worth it but because if they wanted health insurance they could go out and buy it with that high of wages. It’s that simple. And even if I was paying minimum wages, and I never did, I would have only done so for a ditch digger for a day laborer and that’s it, just a one day guy. However I paid those guys $12 an hour too; digging a ditch is hard frigging work.

For all he’s doing I’ll continue to shop there. One of the things that I bought that I’m getting ready to use right now that I bought at Wal-Mart is my Shop-Vac. This baby could suck the hair off of a bald headed toupee salesman that isn’t wearing one. It cleans everything that I put it to test to and even things that I don’t ask it to. I’m not sure what that means but it works great.

That’s the Lazlo Report for March 27, 2007

No comments: