The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Wednesday

Big Tobacco is Bad Business

Have you ever wondered what is inside of a cigarette; even those extra-extra-light cigarettes? Well, I have a list of things that the big and small tobacco companies are putting in today’s smokes and I guarantee that it will probably make you puke, that is if you are a smoker. I was once and it made me stop smoking commercial cigarettes about as fast as I read the list.

I’m not a crazy non-smoker and I disagree with a lot of these laws about not letting people smoke in some places. I say that if it’s your bar and you want smoking in it then it’s your call. People go to bars expecting booze and smoke and if they want a bar without smoking then look one up in the yellow pages. However, I can go along with no smoking in restaurants so long as it’s always been a no smoking restaurant. If the clientele come there to smoke then there needs to be a sign outside that reads “This is a Smoking Establishment”.

But back to the list, here is a list of the insane things that the tobacco companies put into commercial tobacco that people smoke;

Acetone: nail polish remover
Ammonia: household cleaner
Angelica root extract: known to cause cancer in animals
Arsenic: used in rat poisons
Butane: gas, used in lighters
Carbon monoxide: poisonous gas
Cadmium: used in batteries
Cyanide: DEADLY POISON
DDT: a banned insecticide
Ethyl Futoate: causes liver damage in animals
Formaldehyde: used to preserve dead things
Hydrazine: rocket fuel
Napthalene: ingredient in mothballs
Lead: poisonous in high doses
Methoprene: insecticide
Polonium: cancer causing radioactive element
Nicotine: Although they can survive a nuclear bomb, nicotine can kill cockroaches
Methyl isocyanate: In 1984, it’s accidental release in gas form killed 2000 people in Bhopal India

That is just the short list too! Good Lord people, when I saw that list for the first time I did try to quit smoking, again, as I have so many times before, with the gum and the patches but I just couldn’t do it.

What I turned to was something quite different and while I do not promote smoking, nor do I suggest anyone go out and start smoking, I defiantly think that going with Natural Tobacco is the way to go because it has none of the chemicals above and because it will save you about $3.40 a pack. If you smoke even the cheaper brands like I did, that’s like $102 per month in savings or over $1,200.00 per year.

The brand I smoke is Farmer’s Gold but there are several out there and then they make these pre-fab tubes that you use to push the tobacco into with a handy-dandy cool little tool that takes about twenty seconds to make one smoke once you get the hang of it. Like I said, I don’t promote smoking but if you do, and there are millions of people who do, it’s a far far better way to do it. Sorry to promote them and only put their link but I really didn’t have the time today to put a bunch of links on today’s Blog. Anywho, they’re all about the same. (bulk tobacco I mean)

What bothers me is that there must have been a meeting at some point at which some Executives met and had to decide what to do with all, or may just one of, the chemicals that I listed above. HHmmmm. Let’s see, when did someone decide to put cadmium into cigarettes? I thought that this was just used in batteries but I have literature from the Mayo Clinic that says differently. Sounds like somebody’s lying . . . . Oh heavens no, the tobacco companies lie to us? No way!

Used to preserve dead animals, Formaldehyde; hmmm, now here’s another good one, now why would anyone put this particular chemical into a product unless they were just asking them to: “Hey, ya’ll just wanna burn that shit into the air fur us in yur cigarettes, that’d be real great, hey thanks man here’s a million dollars”. And I think it probably went about that quick of a meeting or a phone call. I’m not shitting you. You try and figure it out because I can’t and go up against big tobacco and you’ll probably get your ass kicked or worse.

There’s a couple that I can explain like the Butane that is used to keep the paper lit continually as the cigarette burns, that one makes some sense but the rest of them and then there’s good old Nicotine that brews up naturally in tobacco anyway but in Natural Tobacco it is far less than what is in the commercial because no is added. Good God they think we are all mindless goobers or something, well I have news for them, we’re not. We’re smart moe-foe’s with an attitude and we give a shit these days about our health.

And don’t start charging us more for this now moderately low priced stuff, speaking for myself anyway, I won’t stand for it. I will write to my Congressmen and to some Senators just to blow the whistle on big tobacco at some point. But I won’t for now. Nope, not me, for now I am just gonna be sit’n back and enjoying myself a rolled, naturally grown, tobacco cigarette in the comfort of my own home as I do my Blog each and every day. I may not smoke as much anymore but what I do smoke isn’t mixed with my kids chemistry set either.

That’s The Lazlo Report for January 24, 2007

No comments: