The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Monday

I Just Have To Get Away From It Sometime

Sometimes you say to yourself “screw this”, ya know? “I’ve had enough of all of the politics and doom all the time” so this blog is going to be a little different for a change and I am just going to type for the sake of typing.

For those of you who know me well, and there are many, I do this a lot where I go off on a tangent and just type as I think. No editing, no fact-checking, no spell check (well ok Microsoft does the spell checking) but anyway I do just sit here at my keyboard and as I think I put it up there on the screen and if it isn’t retarded then I’ll go ahead and submit it as a Blog. I’ve done it before and I’ll probably do it again.

Most predominant in my life right now is my religion. I have found a new found love for God that is pretty hard to explain. It’s like sticking my head out of a NASCAR window and doing that wind tunnel thing with my mouth while I’m doing 210 mile an hour still knowing that I’ll be perfectly safe but I have no seat belts or whatever they wear.

I grew up in a house where my mom tried to drag us off to church every Sunday until at about age 13 when it started to become a beauty pageant at the Sunday School and when we complained to my dad about it he gave us the reprieve we all as siblings rejoiced. Still, all throughout my life I knew that I was a good guy, I was no preacher, but I was a good guy.

I never got into much trouble except for attention around the hose. While my so-called friends were off cutting school and pinching candy bars from the local 7-11 and Stop-n-Go, sometimes the Circle-K, I was at home talking with my mom trying to figure out how to cook or I was hanging out with my dad as he cleaned out his Laundromats that he had to own just to help raise four kids.

That might sound uppity “had to own Laundromats” but believe me owning four Laundromats wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. He got robbed all the time, the washers broke down allot, I had to go with him all the time to clean lint out of the dryers as well as other cleaning duties that I didn’t want to do. He did a shitload of cleaning himself too on hindsight.

Some of my favorite memories with my dad were at those damn laundries though because even though it was about money, which I gave mostly to him because he needed it more than I did, we set up traps for people’s cash as it ame out of their cloths as they washed it. The washers that were built back in the 1960's had no way of catching any of the coins and paper money that came out of them so my dad and I invented these screens that we fit onto the drains that caught just coins and paper as it came out of machines. Shit like hair and crap would go right by but oh boy we would sometimes make $200 to $250 a weekend in change and bills between the large tub washers down to the large lint catchers on the dryers, Oh-laalaa the dryers back then were a dime ok? Well nevermind........ I feel a little bad now but back then I was in heaven because it made my dad real happy when I paid for dinner for the night. Well, I will pick this up in a day or two but I just had to post sometime today.

Chow my friends

That The Lazlo Report for January 22, 2007

No comments: