The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Thursday

The War is Getting Even More Local

Ben Carnahan, Oakwood Ohio graduated from high school just last year and finished boot camp just a few months ago. He got the word just a few short weeks ago that he was off to Iraq and he is gone now. He’s over there not knowing much but he’s a full fledged ass kicking US Marine and you can bet that Ben will be coming home when his tour is over.

I’ve known Ben since he was just a small kid and he was bouncing off of the walls at his dad and step-mom’s house here in the town that I live in. His real mother lives in the town just near to us and I swear that she is a great American and while I may not know her very well I’m pretty sure that Ben got a lot of his teaching of honor and honesty from her. She is right now on a …Oh wait, I don’t want to spoil a birthday surprise!!

Anyway, Ben was the sort of kid who got pretty good grades and was pretty good at the computer, mainly because his dad built them and I can profess to that because I was down there allot helping him or he was helping me build computers from scratch and we could also write primitive programs. As a matter of fact many people from the neighborhood would come over to our houses to get a computer fixed or call Ben’s dad for advice so much that Ben picked up on it and began learning how to answer the questions himself.

As for what he does in the U.S. Marines I don’t know yet but I will edit this page when I get the information. Just check back as often as you like and read the comments from Ben and others, hopefully he will see this and his pals over in Iraq won’t razz his ass too much. We do love you Ben, you know who Mr. & Mrs. Lazlo are, just don’t publish our real names please. By the way Ben, I got rid of that crappy old van and got myself a bitchen new Pontiac Grand Prix, fully loaded…it’s even got a 1000 watt sound system, an old fart like me with something like that :-)

That’s The Lazlo Report for February 15, 2007

No comments: