The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Friday

More on Commercial TV

Oberon said...
........you're not kidding.....it sucks.....hard.......i've been collecting movies and stuff to watch on tape and disc....

When I wrote my last blog on Commercial TV, the above comment was my first comment that I had received on that blog. I am posting it because I wanted you all to see the gravity in which we live in today, the selfishness, the ignorance and just emphasize more of what’s in store for all of us.

Now, I am not faulting this person, as a matter of fact I am saluting him on his honesty because I too am taping just about everything I can, putting it on disk or tape or whatever but that wasn’t what my blog was about. Since the subject was brought up though, you might as well be selfish and keep burning those disks, taping those VCR tapes, DVD’s and whatever means of recording that you can because if you had fully understood my blog to begin with you would have read into it that eventually, not only will they eliminate channel’s 2 through 13 (which they already have) but they are going to start to eliminate YOUR RIGHTS to other FREE services such as 911 just as they did away with 411.

Does anyone remember 411? You know, the number that you used to call for information on the telephone? It used to be free and now it costs at least $0.45 no matter where you live and now no one but me is saying anything about it. Well you just watch out and mark my words; next it will cost you money to dial and call 911. The FCC will find a way to charge you for calling 911, another free service that has always been there for us as an emergency will be gone.

And it’s not just the FCC, its other departments of the Governments too, but the FCC has its hands on a lot of cookies in the cookie jar. And when is the last time that you called “Time”? I'll bet that if you called your local operator and asked for the number for Time that he or she would ask you if you were on medication. I’ll also bet that many of you reading this aren’t even old enough to even know what calling Time is.

The FCC will next put a “V-Chip” on television shows so that we will not be able to record them in out of our own homes, which will come in about three or four years. they already have V-chips on many of the pre-recorded DVDs and VCR tapes.

So in the meanwhile OBERON, and the rest of you too, either go ahead and be ignorant to all of this and do nothing. Keep being selfish and keep recording all that you can because eventually they are going to force us all to watch the commercials whether we want to or not otherwise we will just have to learn to turn it off. Me, for now, I try and watch the old movies on Turner Classic Movies but as I said in my forst blog, even they have the 15 minutet commercials in between movies so that’s when I get something to eat. Trouble is, how much can one man eat?

That’s The Lazlo Report for Saturday, January 6thth 2007

No comments: