The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Friday

When Did The Rules Change?

So when did the rules change? I know that I’m forty-seven, and my adolescence is still within grasp, at least the thought process anyway. So when did American’s start making it OK to make split second decisions on every day life things like what college to send their child to or what cloths to where that day, why pick them out the night before?. When did it all of a sudden become fashionable to forgo the thought process? And when did it become ok to just forget about dignity, feelings and most of all basic manors in this country, I’d like to know that.

It wasn’t that long ago when children used to respect their elders, yeah I know this is a story that has been told before, even a short a time ago as the 1950’s and that evil rock-n-roll ,but I’m talking about this ultra in your face crap that today’s kids are using. And then with the usage of their language it’s no wonder why we complain. Don’t even get me started on the whole internet language thing with the “ROTFF” thing. Now, I know what that means, being a gig head and all, but to yell into my screen that you’re rolling on the F’ing floor you can just tell me that you’re really happy or you find what I just said very fucking funny, it’s ok, I can read, I can take the time. I don’t need instant words for instant gratification of my brain as I am reading too.

When I was young the worst thing that you cold do to someone was to hurt their feelings. I meant like in school, at home with a sibling. And I would’ve had my ass beat red by the principal or the teacher and/or by dad when he got home and pulled out his belt. Let me tell you when even you’re a pretty tall & fast 15 year old as I was you still didn’t mess with a 265LB man with a 38” black leather belt and a temper especially after he had two beers in him, no way. Now kids are so immune to that behavior that they are emulating the violence that they see every day on television and even games where they don’t realize how many lives that are affected by liking someone or even down to the type of foul language that is used in these television shows and games. And the kids know that our government is filled with a bunch of mamsy-pamsy people who will come in and actually believe the kid about child abuse when what these kids need is a good belt on their ass, I know I was one of those kids who deserved every beating he got! I’m not putting down human services in general, they do some good work but the majority is useless, absolutely useless.

On the flip side of my argument you have the liberal professors in some of our colleges that are teaching our children, and at twenty and twenty-four they are still children, that “just make yourself happy” “Do what YOU want” “Stop having the Man bring you down” and crap like that when teaching our children what the difference between a rooster and a hen and that they’re all chickens is more important. Knowing the location of Springfield, yeah all of them, on a map is important because my fiends our competitors like the Chinese, the Japanese and God forbid any radical Islamic country bent on destroying a country as great as ours will succeed if our children, the ones who are supposed to take over in the next generation don’t clean up their act. .

But who’s fault is this really? Is it the kids who asked mom or dad for the money to buy the game after they got the console for Christmas?. Maybe it’s because most parents use television as a wannabe babysitter and they just plop the kid down there for hours on end. No, not really, I blame this government for pushing what I call a “get it done fast and lie about it attitude” brought on by the Clinton administration and his statement “It depends on what the definition of the word IS is”

After that statement and people knew he was lying to his wife and Congress about having an affair, or several, people began to think that it was ok to lie to someone based upon small little words. “What IS is”, give me a break. In this day and age I have but one thing to say to Ex-President Clinton “Bite Me”. You Sir Mr. Clinton, in the early 90’s, started off this mess and now it’s not going to get better until it gets worse. Oh sure he handed off the flag to President Bush and he’ll probably fuck it up just as much, so much as I’ve seen he’s tried hard to fix the problem but is coming up short. All things being equal, Christ didn't speak English so there isn't such a thing as an "F" word either.

I don’t know, maybe these are just the ramblings of a madman or maybe I’m on to something and within minutes of posting a man in black will come crashing down my door demanding a retraction. One thing is for sure, as my younger sister Dotty just told me last night, I have to stop sweating the small stuff.

Well that the Lazlo Report for Thursday, January 11, 2007

No comments: