The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Tuesday

What We're really Fighting For In Afghanistan

Like a bolt of lightning it just hit me. Why would anyone fight over a desert like Afghanistan if it weren’t for something other than the land? And then it came to me; Have you ever looked at the teeth of those people that they hire to fight along side of the Taliban? Those fuckers are heroin addicts and it’s the poppy fields that they have been really fighting over for centuries.

I mean look at the Russians; The Red Army had fought their war to a military draw but that was not enough to wave off political defeat at home.They had fought from 1979 to 1989 using hit-and-run bloodletting across the war's decade with more than 25,000 dead Soviet soldiers plus a great many more casualties and further demoralizing the USSR on the verge of disintegration.

Before that time there was the British in the Afgan/Anglo war, 1919 and that was the “second” one of those. WHAT? Yep, second one of those, so people have been fighting over the control of this drug for along time but for reason that they don’t want to say, they just don’t call it for drugs. They just call it territory or for land or for whatever but heaven forbid they call it for what it really is.

Good Lord, why is that that drugs have to play a pivotal role in our lives and why is it that they have even before the big drug companies even before they got their start. Personally I have never been to Afghanistan but I’ll bet that now that the US has stepped up it’s efforts to push out the Taliban once again, the heroin sales will once again rise in the United States unless the State Department does something about it and my guess is that they wont. The sale of heroin has been the major export of that country for many years and I doubt that we are going to stop that soon. That and identity theft is big business here especially on the Left Coast.

Not unless we can convince the government there to modernize the production of the heroin, which will drive up the cost, which is OK with me, but will produce many jobs in that country based upon that flower. With that the Taliban will forever be powerless to rule the people but drugs like Oxycontin and Hyrdrocodone will go up for a while. It’s a cost I am willing to barer for my brothers and sister in Afghanistan if people here in the US stand up and make enough noise. Oxycontin is already, what, like $40 a tablet so another 10 isn’t going to hurt the insurance companies any and Hydrocodone is so cheap right now that it will probably just even out.

My point is that opium has been traded for centuries and that poor little country has been shit on long enough. While we’re all worried about our insurance rates and our drug coverage, those folks are over there with AK47’s and M16’s protecting their livelihoods and their children. It scares this hell out of me that it may come to that sometime here.

I have become a soldier of Jesus Christ and of God himself; No, not any sort of militant. I have just seen the light of the Lord into my heart and it feels great. If you read the rest of my blogs, please do, you see that I have become a new man, a born again Christian and I have a new outlook on the surroundings around me. Just like the title of my blogs state. I am reporting on the overall thoughts of myself after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in my life but in all of society, today, yesterday and how it will effect the future. Up until a few weeks ago that did not include how I interacted with Jesus Christ and how he played a intricate part in all of this. Well I now understand that he plays a big part in my life as well as everyone that I interact with. He has done so for many years.

Well that’s The Lazlo Report for Tuesday, February 20, 2007

No comments: