The Lazlo Report is the overall thoughts of Lazlo T. Hofstedder after watching the world go around each day and watching how people act toward each other, not only in his life but in all of society, today , yesterday and how it will effect the future.

NOTE: The Ads on this site DO NOT necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Author or the Writers of this site. If you disagree please contact Google Ads and not this Webmaster. Thank You.

Friday

Will Marc Dann Surprise Us More?

My goodness; ya know I once wrote my Congressman when I lived in California when my brother was dying of cancer and his long time wish was to fly an F15 Jet Fighter. Well I wasn’t able to achieve that but, along with the help of Senator Pete Wilson and then Governor Ronald Regan, I got my brother a first class tour of Mira Mar Air Force Base near San Diego, California. This is the same place where they teach the Top Gun Air Force Pilots and he even got to sit on a real F-15 jet while I sat in the co-pilots seat.

I tell you this story not to boast but to remind myself, and to tell all of you, that if you want something done in government you need to do it yourself. Now listen, I did that stuff back in the early 1980’s and as I sit here in 2007 I realized that I just got done with another hair raising experience here in the state of Ohio. I could have only gotten it done had it not been the help of one of the staff members of the Attorney General’s office and me sticking to their advice and directions, well, just one person who I can’t mention without her permission. Her initials are R.C. and you know who you are, thank you.

My point to this blog is that fist of all, I started a corporation back in 1999, and I then had my first and last corporate meeting with my lawyer in January of 2000. At that time he said “Hey we were supposed to have our annual meeting on your corporation” and I told him that I no longer was going to use this idea that I had and to do whatever it took to close it up. He then said he would and that was the last I heard of it. Well that was until about two years ago or so when I started getting tax bills from the tax collector telling me that I never closed the corporation correctly and that it was all my fault. Actually I don’t know how long it’s been that I’ve been receiving the notices because one of my disabilities is severe memory loss as well as depression and as time went on each notice only compounded the next one but that is another issue all together, I digress.

Ok, so sure it was my fault, I admit that, but I had also asked my attorney to “do whatever it takes” in this impromptu conversation at the end of a regular meeting at which I was in his office anyway (this was about two and a half years earlier) but again I had I had asked him to do what it took and he failed to do it. After I started receiving the tax bills I started sending letters but I got nowhere. Then I started getting letters from the “Special Lawyer for the Attorney General”, otherwise known as the Tax Collector and they tacked on interest and $500 penalties for each year as they went by.

So then I contacted the office of my local congressman and for a year and a half or whatever they did nothing and basically got nothing accomplished. Well, I did send them $250 toward the penalties and that was applied to my account I later found out. I really don’t know what they did in all that time. Nope, it wasn’t until the second week of this year when I got pissed off enough to just pick up the telephone myself. Quite frankly I was afraid that this last letter from the Attorney General demanding $7,600 for just one of the years dating back over four years was a bit too much and they might come and take my house. (That probably isn’t true in hindsight but ‘eh I’m Monday morning quarterbacking)

So anyway I contacted R.C. and she gave me the instructions on how to dissolve the corporation and in only one short month I accomplished what these other people with all of there law degrees and whatever couldn’t do. Again, I’m not boasting, I’m just talking about the gears of government and stating fact. As I said, if you want something done for yourself in government today or even back in the 1980’s, do it yourself. It also helps to call the right people and talk to them on the telephone and talk politely and calmly too. This young woman was very nice and very helpful.

I very much doubt that it’s due to the new administration down in Columbus that has caused such a change in the work habits of the people that work there, as I look at it there, it seems to be business as usual, but whatever the reason I’m happy and I can’t help but wonder if Ms R.C is going to run for any office herself, and if so she already has my vote.

That’s the Lazlo report for Friday, February 23, 2007

No comments: